Embroidery & Print Production Manager
Job Purpose: To provide an effective and efficient printing and embroidery service for the Company through careful managing of production team and resources.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- This is a hands-on role and involves managing the production team to ensure all garments are embroidered and printed to required standards and timescales
- Responsible for managing in-house resources for printing and embroidery of school, club and corporate garments
- Managing the recruitment and training of the team
Day-to-day management of team members/resources:
- For embroidery of logos, initials etc on clothing and other items
- Managing team resource for printing of logos and numbers for clothing and other items; involving: weeding of decorations and heat pressing; establishing where additional help may be required.
- Ensure adequate levels of embroidery and printing materials/resources to meet demands
- Maintenance and systematic filing of print and embroidery resources
- Ensuring regular maintenance/house-keeping of embroidery and print machines
- Maintaining positive working relationships with other departments including working with sales team to develop their knowledge and ensure that staff quoting customers are briefed on best or most cost-effective methods to achieve results
- Upholding a clean, safe, and pleasant working environment
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills for production activities, keeping up-to-date with latest technologies, fabrics etc. by reading and attending relevant trade shows
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in production activity, but not necessarily within garment embroidery, vinyl or DTG printing
- Previous experience in management, supervisor or leadership position
- Positive attitude to building relationships and leading a team
- Good written and verbal communication and organisational skills with ability to work on own initiative
- Enthusiasm for developing product and wider business knowledge
- Full UK driving licence
Full time, permanent role. Immediate start available.
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT ROLE, Monday to Friday
Flexible/Shift hours available
The role will involve working with our in-house embroidery and print team, heat-pressing sportswear and other garments and preparing them for retail and wholesale orders.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.